Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week One

Hey ya'll!

I finished Week One of Insanity! Let me tell you, it was hard! I struggled a lot. There were a few times I couldn't do everything on the DVDs, or didn't have good form so I couldn't do as many of the moves, but I did the best I could. During, and definitely after, my arms and legs felt so weak.  I'm so amazed I actually finished one week and all in one piece.  I don't anticipate it to get any easier next week or even the week after that, but I'm doing it; I'm doing something, and that's a heck of a lot better than just sitting on the couch and watching the infomercial about Insanity.  Can I tell you a secret? Aside from the desire and need to get into shape, the main reason I'm doing Insanity is so I can submit my before and after pictures and get the t-shirt that congratulates you on completing the challenge.  That's enough right there to keep me going :) 

The main focus of Shaun T's workouts are cardio and max interval training.  The majority of what we do in Month 1 are doing 4 or 5 moves for a short amount of time (say 2 mins) and then rest for 30 secs and repeat that about 3 or 4 times.  I think that's supposed to confuse your muscles so they don't get burnt out from doing one move over and over again.  It's not like running or biking, where you're consistently doing the same movement for a long period of time.  It's all about quick, short moves.  I can't decide which I like better: the long consistency, or the short bursts.  On one hand, I like running or biking and setting a pace for myself that I get to stay at, but it takes me longer to accomplish that task.  With this interval training, it's intense for a short time, and then you're done, but then you quickly go into another intense move.  It's definitely a toss up.

Which do you like better? Any favorite exercises?


The thing I'm struggling the most with is my eating.  I don't want to talk too much about that because I'm embarrassed, but it needs some serious improvement.  I need to get my act together with that, suck it up, and just cook outrageous meals that are good for me.  I tend to get stuck on one food, eat it constantly, and then move on.  Usually it's nothing good for me... Another goal for me I guess.

Anyways, I'm not really looking forward to next week because I know what a tough time I had with this week, but I won't get any better unless I try, so try I will! And so should you :)

Stay tuned!

Love always,
Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment